At Brightspot® we believe technology should enable content-focused teams to work smarter, faster, and more seamlessly to move businesses forward. With decades of experience in publishing and media, we help companies transform their business content and digital experiences by creating enterprise applications at scale with astonishing speed.
Do you want to work hard alongside smart and talented product managers, engineers, and designers every day? Do you excel when you are smack in the middle of a challenging project, thrive when things get complex, and yawn when everything is going according to plan? Do you actually want to like your clients and coworkers?
We are looking for a DevOps Architect who will report directly to the CTO of Managed Services & Cloud, lead/manage our DevOps team, and architect our cloud solutions. Our DevOps team touches the whole gamut - writing the tooling for infrastructure automation and scaling. At Brightspot, it’s not just about supporting software releases, it’s about departmental collaboration to bring success to our clients. This involves participation in company-wide strategic initiatives, diving deeper into complex engineering environments, and finding and architecting solutions to tough problems.
- Lead and manage our small DevOps team
- Automate Kubernetes infrastructure for scaling both individual client sites as well as Brightspot's own infrastructure
- Implement and manage multi-server deployments in AWS, Google Cloud (GCP), and Microsoft Azure
- Collaborate with development teams to deploy new code to production environments
- Maintain and improve monitoring systems and alarms for production environments, using Datadog, Zabbix, Pingdom, ElasticSearch, and Graylog
- Set up backup mechanisms for the production environment and test disaster recovery mechanisms
- Manage incident response with other engineers and clients including performing root cause analysis
- Build strong cross-functional relationships and work with the operations and engineering teams to make sure that systems are scalable and secure
- Interact with customers, negotiating or influencing significant matters
- Automate and streamline processes and practices
- 10+ years of relevant DevOps experience working in large scale environments
- Experience in SDLC including associated deployment methodologies, QA processes, and performance tuning efforts
- Experience leading and mentoring DevOps teams
- Hands-on experience with automated deployment of resources, Serverless deployments, Kubernetes clusters
- Must have AWS experience. GCP and Azure experience is a plus.
- Must have Datadog, Grafana, or Prometheus experience
- Excellent speaking and presentation skills - ability to present to various audiences including technical / non-technical teams
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience with the following technologies is a plus: Istio, EKS, Terraform, blue/green deployments