At Brightspot® we believe technology should enable content-focused teams to work smarter, faster, and more seamlessly to move businesses forward. With decades of experience in publishing and media, we help companies transform their business content and digital experiences by creating enterprise applications at scale with astonishing speed.
Do you want to work hard alongside smart and talented product managers, engineers, and designers every day? Do you excel when you are smack in the middle of a challenging project, thrive when things get complex, and yawn when everything is going according to plan? Do you actually want to like your clients and coworkers?
Our DevOps engineers touch the whole gamut - writing the tooling for infrastructure automation and scaling. At Brightspot, it’s not just about supporting software releases, it’s about departmental collaboration to bring success to our clients. This involves participation in company-wide strategic initiatives, diving deeper into complex engineering environments, and finding solutions to tough problems.
- Automate Kubernetes infrastructure for scaling both individual client sites as well as Brightspot's own infrastructure
- Implement and manage multi-server deployments in AWS, Google Cloud (GCP), and Microsoft Azure
- Collaborate with development teams to deploy new code to production environments
- Maintain and improve monitoring systems and alarms for production environments, using Datadog, Zabbix, Pingdom, ElasticSearch, and Graylog
- Set up backup mechanisms for the production environment and test disaster recovery mechanisms
- Mentor and train junior DevOps engineers
- Manage incident response with other engineers and clients including performing root cause analysis
- Participate in rotating 24/7 on-call schedules with team members
- 5+ years of experience combining Development and Operational Administration
- Experienced with cloud automation tools and very comfortable with Kubernetes
- Any familiarity with the following technologies in our stack: Linux, git, ruby, bash, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, MySQL, Apache, Tomcat, Java, Graylog, Kibana, Zabbix, and Datadog
- Any experience with cloud infrastructure automation tools such as Terraform, Gyro, CloudFormation
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to work in a client-facing role
- Outstanding problem-solving skills in situations with tricky technical situations