At Brightspot® we believe technology should enable content-focused teams to work smarter, faster, and more seamlessly to move businesses forward. With decades of experience in publishing and media, we help companies transform their business content and digital experiences by creating enterprise applications at scale with astonishing speed.
Do you want to work hard alongside smart and talented product managers, engineers, and designers every day? Do you excel when you are smack in the middle of a challenging project, thrive when things get complex, and yawn when everything is going according to plan? Do you actually want to like your clients and coworkers?
The Director, Resource Management will continuously improve resource management processes and functions of Brightspot’s internal teams and customer projects, and ensure that effective management of the company’s internal and external resources are operationally effective. You will manage multiple assignments and processes concurrently.
The ideal candidate will possess a mix of consulting, strategic planning, analytics, and operations backgrounds. You are able to roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. In this role, you will anticipate bottlenecks, make trade-offs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent, and leadership are essential to success in this role.
- Drive efficient and profitable staffing solutions to support Brightspot products & customer engagements
- Work with sales and practice leads to review and design resourcing plans to deliver against project deliverables while leveraging the best available staffing internally and from third-party contractors and partners
- Constantly monitor resource assignments and timesheet data to ensure accuracy of forecast to reduce estimated vs. actual time
- Compile, lead and analyze resource management reports (available resources, current resource allocations, resource utilization rates, resource needs due to changing project needs, etc)
- Liaise with partner management to ensure subcontracting resources are being effectively utilized and are continuing to drive success for Brightspot’s customers
- Keep resource schedule up to date and accurate to provide regular revenue forecast updates to leadership
- Drive system and process improvement initiatives to strengthen the resource management process within the practice and identify regular opportunities to adapt as the business grows
- 5+ years of resource management, program management, business operations, etc. experience at a technology/SaaS company
- Experience managing professional services engagements, customers, sales, etc.
- Excellent analysis skills and the ability to develop processes and methodologies
- An outgoing focused, and organized individual, with a strong drive to succeed
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, able to succeed in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Strong understanding of business intelligence, analytics or reporting products