At Brightspot® we believe technology should enable content-focused teams to work smarter, faster, and more seamlessly to move businesses forward. With decades of experience in publishing and media, we help companies transform their business content and digital experiences by creating enterprise applications at scale with astonishing speed.
Do you want to work hard alongside smart and talented product managers, engineers, and designers every day? Do you excel when you are smack in the middle of a challenging project, thrive when things get complex, and yawn when everything is going according to plan? Do you actually want to like your clients and coworkers?
Brightspot is seeking a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer passionate about automation to join our Brightspot platform team. The ideal candidate has significant experience as a quality engineer for a software-as-a-service or CMS platform, manual testing, designing test cases, implementing automation, and influencing software development practices to ensure consistent quality.
- Build exceptional, highly efficient testing practices for testing and automating project delivery
- Work closely with development and operations to build enterprise-level test tools
- Develop repeatable load testing scenarios that measure platform performance
- Write detailed bugs that outline steps to reproduce and steps taken to troubleshoot
- Use multiple viewpoints in designing test cases and test data
- Install code into QA environment and maintain environment integrity
- Evangelize quality and automation friendliness in the organization
- 3+ years experience in QA automation or related field, preferably for a technology/SaaS organization
- Strong experience in continuous integration and shared-platform environments as well as with the following technologies (or similar): Cucumber, JIRA, Confluence, TravisCI, Java, Selenium or other automation framework, AWS, Load Testing, Performance Testing, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly adaptable, self-starter, and great attention to detail
- Comfortable acting as an evangelist; equally comfortable as an active listener