At Brightspot® we believe technology should enable content-focused teams to work smarter, faster, and more seamlessly to move businesses forward. With decades of experience in publishing and media, we help companies transform their business content and digital experiences by creating enterprise applications at scale with astonishing speed.
Do you want to work hard alongside smart and talented product managers, engineers, and designers every day? Do you excel when you are smack in the middle of a challenging project, thrive when things get complex, and yawn when everything is going according to plan? Do you actually want to like your clients and coworkers?
Our DevOps Engineers practice a hybrid of System Administration, Configuration/Release Management, and Systems Integration. At Brightspot, it’s not just about supporting software releases, it’s about departmental collaboration to bring success to our clients. This involves participation in company-wide strategic initiatives, diving deeper into complex engineering environments, and finding solutions to tough problems.
- Implement and manage multi-server deployments in AWS, Rackspace Cloud and Microsoft Azure
- Collaborate with development teams to deploy new code to production environments
- Maintain and improve monitoring systems and alarms for production environments, using Zabbix, Pingdom, ElasticSearch and Graylog
- Set up back-up mechanisms for production environment and test disaster recovery mechanisms
- Mentor and train junior DevOps engineers
- Manage incident response with other engineers and clients
- Participate in rotating 24/7 on-call schedules with team members
- 5+ years of experience combining Development and Operational Administration
- Experience as a systems administrator in a Unix environment. (Linux, Ubuntu, Redhat)
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to work in a client-facing role
- Outstanding problem-solving skills in situations with tricky technical situations
- In-depth knowledge of an infrastructure automation framework.
- Proficiency in Python and shell scripting
- Experience setting up and managing Databases - MySQL preferred
- Experience setting up and managing Tomcat, Apache, and/or Solr
- Knowledge and experience of typical build and release management processes, including continuous integration packages such as Travis
- Knowledge and experience of Zabbix and Pingdom
- Knowledge and experience of Elastic Search and Graylog for log management
- Knowledge and experience with Docker containers in cloud environments