At Brightspot® we believe technology should enable content-focused teams to work smarter, faster, and more seamlessly to move businesses forward. With decades of experience in publishing and media, we help companies transform their business content and digital experiences by creating enterprise applications at scale with astonishing speed.
Do you want to work hard alongside smart and talented product managers, engineers, and designers every day? Do you excel when you are smack in the middle of a challenging project, thrive when things get complex, and yawn when everything is going according to plan? Do you actually want to like your clients and coworkers?
The Director, Business Affairs will have extensive experience in negotiating client deals and will be familiar with the digital media landscape. They will own the legal process around client services, product licensing and on-going support agreements, etc. In addition, the ideal candidate must be able to work effectively in a complex environment with diverse stakeholders, including senior management, operations, legal counsel and client teams, both internally and externally.
- Draft/review client Statement of Works (SOWs) for deliverables, staff plans and production management, creative reviews and general legal call-outs
- Draft/review vendor agreements to ensure compliance with Client SOW’s and MSA’s
- Advise on and execute Brightspot's business strategy
- Use judgement, discretion, and decision-making authority to directly handle the evaluating, structuring, negotiating and implementing client agreements
- Work closely with executives across the company throughout all stages of a deal, including compiling and prioritizing deal points from the various business units
- Communicate, implement, and champion best practices
- Work with Risk Management to evaluate production and contract concerns
- Be a proponent for the best interest of the company while maintaining client satisfaction
- 5-7+ years of experience in Legal and/or Business Affairs in the digital media and/or technology space
- Proficient in contract administration and structuring, negotiating and implementing client deals
- Superior analytical and writing skills and ability, together with strong business and financial acumen.
- Strong negotiation skills, both as an individual and with a team.
- Ability to strategize and think creatively; strong problem solving skills required.
- Knowledge and understanding of digital media initiatives, platforms, products and services
- Professional, confident demeanor and a team player.
- Excel in a fast-paced, results-oriented work environment.