At Brightspot® we believe technology should enable content-focused teams to work smarter, faster, and more seamlessly to move businesses forward.
With decades of experience in publishing and media, we help companies transform their business content and digital experiences by creating enterprise applications at scale with astonishing speed.
Do you want to work hard alongside talented product managers, engineers, and product experts every day? Do you excel when you are smack in the middle of a challenging project, thrive when things get complex, and yawn when everything is going according to plan? Do you actually want to like your clients and coworkers?
We are looking for full stack developers with a passion for their work and a hunger to learn. Join our team working on high profile sites for clients such as Univision, Politico, Walmart, Bloomberg, Special Olympics, and many more. You will work on multiple projects, from concept phase through testing and launch. We work in an open, collaborative environment and seek developers who enjoy problem solving and straying outside the routine.
We are looking for full stack developers with a passion for their work and a hunger to learn. By joining our team, you have opportunities to contribute to our content management platform, Brightspot, as well as high profile sites for clients such as Univision, Hallmark, Walmart, Newell Brands, Special Olympics, and many more. You will work on multiple projects, from concept phase through testing and launch. We work in an open, collaborative environment and seek developers who enjoy problem solving and straying outside the routine.
As you enter Perfect Sense’s engineering team, within your first two years, you have the opportunity to gain material experience in all of the following disciplines:
- Front-End Development
- Back-End Development
- Emerging Technologies and Frameworks
- Data modeling
- Taxonomy and Information Architecture for the Web
- Continuous Integration
- Mobile App Development
- Development Operations in the Public Cloud
- Developing for Platforms
- Experience developing data driven web applications in Java
- Strong understanding of object-oriented desing (OOD) and software development principles
- Strong understanding of web-based architecture (web servers, load balancing, caching, databases, etc.)
- Mastery of HTML and CSS (LESS and SASS), and a great understanding of cross-browser display issues
- Understanding of version control techniques (Subversion, CVS, etc.)
- Up-to-date knowledge of latest trends in web application development
- Understanding of the Document Object Model (DOM) and DOM scripting techniques
Education and/or Experience
- Recent college graduate with a degree in computer science or engineering
- Previous web or mobile application coding experience