An article is a basic content type for publishing text interspersed with graphics or videos.
To create an article:
- In the header, click .
- From the Create list, select Article. A content edit page appears.
- Enter text for Headline and Sub Headline.
- Click under Authors to add an author.
- Under Lead, click to add a one-off module, or click to add a shared asset (including a shared module).
- For Body, select List (to create a Listicle) or the Rich-text editor.
- Click under Section or under Package to add this article to an existing section or package.
- Click under Tag to add a Tag.
- Click under Brands, Countries, Products, or Topics to add additional information.
- Complete your site's workflow and publish the article.
With the News plugin you can place an embargo on an asset to publish it at future date. You can also embargo an already published asset, which immediately hides the article and references to it.
To set an embargo:
- Create a new asset or open an existing one.
In the content edit form, from the Embargo list, select one of the following:
- None—Brightspot publishes the asset immediately.
- Indefinitely—Brightspot postpones publication indefinitely.
- Until—Brightspot postpones publication until the selected time.
3. Click Publish.
In the Revisions widget, the article appears with status
Embargo, indicating that it is not exposed on any sites.
If an article is in indefinite embargo, you can release it for publication by setting the Embargo field to None.