A gallery is a display of multiple, related images. Galleries can be displayed in a variety of formats to visitors, such as a carousel slide or long scroll pages.
A gallery can be displayed as a standalone asset on its own page or as part of another asset, such as a page or section. It can also be incorporated into text, such as in the body of an article or as a gallery enhancement in the rich-text editor; see Working with enhancements in the rich-text editor.
To create a gallery as a standalone asset:
- In the header, click .
- From the Create list, select Gallery. A content edit page appears.
- Under Headline, enter the text that displays to visitors.
- Under Sub Headline, enter additional text that displays to visitors.
- Under Authors, select one or more authors.
- Under Body, enter a description in the rich-text editor; for additional information, see Rich-text editor.
- Under Items, select one of the following:
- Advanced—Creates a gallery whose images never change. Click Upload Files to add images from your laptop, and click Add Image to add images already in Brightspot.
Dynamic—Creates a gallery whose images change every time a visitor views it.
- Under Items Per Page, enter a number.
- (Optional) Under Period, enter a number.
- Under Tags, click to select tags.
- Under Sort, select Newest, Oldest, or Page Views.
- (Optional) Complete additional options.
- Complete your site’s workflow and publish the gallery.
To add a gallery to an existing asset:
- In the content edit page, open or create the asset to which you want to add a gallery.
- Toward the right of the widget, select > Overrides. A widget appears.
- Expand Layout Overrides. Drop-down lists Above, Aside, and Below appear for the gallery’s position.
- From one of the drop-down lists, select Replace. (For an explanation of the possible selections for module placement, see Module placement.)
- Click , and select Gallery. A Gallery form appears.
- In the Title field, enter a title.
- In the Description field, enter a description.
- From Items, select one of the following:
- Basic—Creates a static list of items. For additional information, see Creating a basic list.
- Advanced—Creates a static list of modules. For additional information, see Creating an advanced list.
- Dynamic—Creates dynamic list of items matching selection criteria. For additional information, see Creating a dynamic list.
- Use Existing Gallery—Uses an existing gallery.
Your form looks similar to the following:
- Complete your site’s workflow and publish the asset.