With the InDesign integration, you can seamlessly collaborate on developing content with designers working in InDesign. The integration synchronizes content maintained in Brightspot and InDesign. The synchronization provides the following features:
- Importing content from Brightspot into an InDesign document.
- Bidirectional synchronization, copying changes to text or images between Brightspot and InDesign. Synchronized changes include content styling, such as boldface and italics.
- Bidirectional content locking, so editors in Brightspot can prevent designers in InDesign from overwriting unsaved changes, and vice verse.
- Indicator by which a field in Brightspot results in overset text in InDesign.
- Unicode character support for synchronizing characters, such as trademark or paragraph symbols, between Brightspot and InDesign.
- Displaying a PDF preview within Brightspot of the last saved version in InDesign.
- Integrating InDesign into a Brightspot workflow.
Not supported by the InDesign plugins is layout/edition planning, a feature for combining multiple templates to preview an entire edition.