A live wheel is an automated version of a playlist. Visitors run a playlist on-demand, starting it at any time. In contrast, a live wheel starts automatically at a configured time. The live wheel runs sequentially and continuously in a loop. When a configured time is reached, the live wheel restarts from the beginning.
For example, a live wheel is configured to start at 12:00 p.m. every day, and the sequence of media files repeats every 35 minutes. The following events occur:
- A visitor who opens the live wheel at 12:14 p.m. sees the content at 14 minutes into the live wheel—not the first frame of the first media file.
- The 42nd playback of the live wheel starts at 11:55 a.m. Brightspot interrupts that playback after five minutes, and starts the live wheel from the beginning position.
Live wheels can belong to a section or a package.
- If you want to allow visitors to leave comments to a live wheel, add Live Wheel to the list of commentable types; for details, see Configuring commenting.
To configure a live wheel:
- In the header, click .
- From the Create list, select Live Wheel. A content edit page appears.
- In the Title field, enter a title.
- From Items, select one of the available list types.
- Basic—Builds a live wheel from individual video or audio files.
- Advanced—Builds a live wheel from individual video or audio files and associated companion content.
- Dynamic—Builds a live wheel using selection criteria. For more information, see Dynamic list fields.
- Add items to the live wheel.
- In the Livewheel Start field, set a time for the live wheel to start playback. You can set any date; Brightspot ignores the date and starts the live wheel at the first occurrence of the specified time.
- Click Publish.