Permissions can be configured at the role and role-site levels. For example, if you set permissions for the role Editor, those permissions apply to all sites to which editors have access. In addition, if you have a classified blog at the site Nitroglycerin Recipes, you can assign editors more restrictive permissions for that site.
In the previous diagram —
- All users with the role Editors can create, modify, and archive articles and images. These permissions apply to all sites to which editors have access: Salad Recipes, Cake Recipes, and Cookie Recipes.
- All users with the role Editors who are working on the site Nitroglycerin Recipes have read-only access to articles, and have no access to images.
The following illustration provides another example of site-specific permissions.
Referring to the previous illustration, when working on the site Nitroglycerin Recipes the role can—
- Access only Admin → About from the Navigation menu.
- Unlock at the content level (not at the field level).
- Create, edit, and archive all content types.