SES (Simple Email Service)
This topic briefly describes how to configure an SES instance.
To configure an SES instance:
- Verify your Brightspot domain name, and create an MX record to route email for the Brightspot domain to SES. This is the domain used in the tool URL. Alternatively, you can specify a domain that is independent of the domain on which the site is hosted, such as the case in which you want to hide the tool URL from email contributors.
- Create an Email Receiving Rule Set. You can only have one active rule set, so call it default-rule-set.
- Create a Rule, for example example-dev-ses-inbox-rule.
- Add your Brightspot domain as a recipient, for example, brightspot.dev.example.com.
Add an S3 action:
- Select the S3 bucket as created above (example-dev-ses-inbox-bucket).
- (Optional) Specify an object key prefix (subfolder).
- Select the SNS topic as created above (example-dev-ses-inbox-topic).
For more information, see Amazon Simple Email Service.
If you want to receive bounce and complaint notifications from Amazon SES, configure notifications in the Amazon SES console, and take note of the SQS queue names for the bounce and complaint notifications. The Brightspot configuration that supports bounce and complaint notifications requires these SQS queue names.