At Brightspot® we believe technology should enable content-focused teams to work smarter, faster, and more seamlessly to move businesses forward. With decades of experience in publishing and media, we help companies transform their business content and digital experiences by creating enterprise applications at scale with astonishing speed.
Do you want to work hard alongside smart and talented product managers, engineers, and designers every day? Do you excel when you are smack in the middle of a challenging project, thrive when things get complex, and yawn when everything is going according to plan? Do you actually want to like your clients and coworkers?
Brightspot is seeking an energetic, technology-focused business analyst to join our Client Services team. Partnering with senior leadership, the Technical Business Analyst will be responsible for helping us find areas where we can improve margins and quality of service. For example: How can we reduce costs associated with the public cloud, without impacting our service levels? Can we develop a model, based on available historical data, that will help predict a Brightspot customer's likely support needs over time? What is the appropriate threshold to use for triggering auto-scaling to strike the right balance between preparedness and cost-effectiveness?
- Identify cost management opportunities within and among Public Cloud providers on behalf of Brightspot and its clients
- Build and validate models for cost management and revenue opportunities in the realms of support, training, consulting, and systems operations
- Identify areas of technology investment that would result in cost management and/or service improvement, e.g., automation of repeated tasks, refactoring of high-touch or reduced-reliability components
- Develop and maintain the profitability model of the Client Services organization, including revenue forecasting, cost allocations, and fixed & variable labor forecasts
- Develop methods for categorizing clients, their demand, and the services we provide them that inform organizational and business strategy and the development of new offerings
- Generate cost estimates and profitability estimates upon request for new and changing clients
- Assist in investigating and resolving questions around invoices (AR as well as AP)
- 3+ years of relevant experience in financial, business, technical, and/or systems analysis at a technology/SaaS company
- 4+ years of private-sector experience in technical, business, financial planning, and/or systems analysis
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Experience managing public cloud and/or IT shared services costs
- Previous management consulting experience is a plus