At Brightspot® we believe technology should enable content-focused teams to work smarter, faster, and more seamlessly to move businesses forward.
With decades of experience in publishing and media, we help companies transform their business content and digital experiences by creating enterprise applications at scale with astonishing speed.
Do you want to work hard alongside smart and talented product managers, engineers, and designers every day? Do you excel when you are smack in the middle of a challenging project, thrive when things get complex, and yawn when everything is going according to plan? Do you actually want to like your clients and coworkers?
The Web Director is responsible for strategic planning, development, execution, and implementation related to all of our company's websites, which include our external site (www.brightspot.com), our company intranet, and several other properties including marketing microsites. This function must collaborate with a set of cross-functional stakeholders, including executive leadership, marketing, sales, design, product, content, and technology, to drive consensus and prioritization of the overall strategic direction of our sites. It entails defining and overseeing the production of deliverables, ensuring timely closeout of requirements and projects, providing timely status updates to the executive team, and working closely with various technical and non-technical team members.
- Develop and deliver a product roadmap for brightspot.com that meets brand awareness and marketing needs.
- Manage and support a small team of CMS developers.
- Prioritize projects and initiatives to best align with business goals.
- Provide leadership and strategy for all things web-related. Work cross-functionally across marketing, engineering, and design to optimize the website experience for existing customers and prospects.
- Communicate with and connect with a variety of stakeholders across marketing, sales, content, design product, and technology
- Immerse yourself in the business, goals, and culture of Brightspot
- Identify and build connections/relationships across teams and team members
- Diagnose problems, make recommendations, and organize solutions to implement
- A minimum of 7 years of website support and marketing experience is required.
- Experience optimizing a website for B2B and/or B2C SaaS companies.
- Experience with CMS to create and administer a corporate/business website.
- Good technical background in website work and ability to pick up new tools quickly.
- Considerable working knowledge of website standards and best practices.
- A passion for SEO best practices, and familiarity with SEMRush.
- Google Analytics mastery, as well as experience with Google Tag Manager
- Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize responsibilities.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to do the high level, detail and everything in-between
- Interest in and ability to effectively manage a portfolio of projects
- Detailed oriented with a flexible mind-set
- Balance of drive, business acumen, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Strong communication (written and oral), interpersonal and relationship-building skills