Brightspot helped the American Junior Golf Association (AJGA) replace its legacy platform with a powerful new CMS able to support live events, tournament scorecards, player leaderboards and membership management with an integration to Salesforce.
The American Junior Golf Association challenge
The American Junior Golf Association (AJGA) had developed a home-grown SQL database over the course of about ten years to manage its 8,000-plus members and over 200-plus annual tournaments. However, over time this platform had become unwieldy, slow-performing and outdated.
In 2018, AJGA started to modernize this legacy system by partnering with PwC to develop a Salesforce solution to power its operations.
AJGA turned to Brightspot to build an easy-to-use web experience that fully integrated with Salesforce to provide its members with a revamped user experience.
The Brightspot solution for the American Junior Golf Association
AJGA, PwC and Brightspot worked to craft a new experience with content living in Salesforce and Brightspot serving as the presentation layer to provide a significantly upgraded experience for AJGA's Player Center and Coaches Corner and a more efficient process for AJGA staff.
The following key components of the site are now powered by this integration:
- Membership application & renewal
- Tournament stats and results
- Rolex AJGA rankings
- Tournament schedules
- Tournament applications
- Player search
- Payments & donations
The outcome for the American Junior Golf Association
By using Brightspot, AJGA was able to provide both players and coaches with a powerful, modern user experience that fully integrates with its revamped and significantly improved business operation in Salesforce. Since the initial launch of the new site, AJGA has continued to partner with Brightspot to maintain its most critical Salesforce integrations, as well as design and develop new enhancements to improve the experience for AJGA Staff, Players, Coaches, and site visitors. Some of the highlights of this continued partnership include:
- Creating reusable, standardized content templates and modules for AJGA staff to publish tournament information more efficiently from Salesforce to the front end of the website.
- Designing a new and improved live leaderboard, scorecard and Golf Genius integration, optimized for mobile.
- Improving AJGA’s membership application, membership upgrade and donation processes.
- Building tools to give AJGA the flexibility to respond to changing priorities, initiatives and partnerships in the junior golf landscape.
Brightspot is excited to continue to support the AJGA’s dedication to “the overall growth and development of young men and women who aspire to earn college golf scholarships through competitive junior golf” in 2023 and beyond.