At Brightspot® we believe technology should enable content-focused teams to work smarter, faster, and more seamlessly to move businesses forward. With decades of experience in publishing and media, we help companies transform their business content and digital experiences by creating enterprise applications at scale with astonishing speed
Do you want to work hard alongside smart and talented product managers, engineers, and designers every day? Do you excel when you are smack in the middle of a challenging project, thrive when things get complex, and yawn when everything is going according to plan? Do you actually want to like your clients and coworkers?
The Technical Sales Engineer presents the value proposition of our products to prospects and customers and is the primary technical resource for our sales team. They are equally as comfortable talking to technology stakeholders as when meeting with editorial stakeholders – and know intuitively how to explain features in a way that makes sense to each audience. They are responsible for actively participating in the sales process, working in conjunction with the executive, product, and sales team as the key product advocate and contact for Brightspot’s additional products.
The Technical Sales Engineer must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to business, editorial and technical users. Must be able to understand and capture all requirements to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process. Must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle.
- Translate and explain highly complex technical information to prospects
- Provide technical pre-sales support to prospective partners and customers and great customer service and response, throughout the entire sales lifecycle
- Act as an ongoing resource for our sales teams
- Develop, build and deliver product demonstrations and proof-of-concepts
- Responsible for representing the product to potential customers and at field events such as conferences, seminars, etc.
- Able to respond to editorial, functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Able to convey customer requirements to internal Product Management teams
- 3+ years working with a SaaS platform in a sales engineering, solutions engineering, or software engineering capacity
- Experience developing data-driven web applications in Java.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design and software development principles.
- Strong understanding of web-based architecture (web servers, load balancing, caching, databases, replication, etc.).
- Proven ability in performing rapid assessments of clients’ internal technology landscape and targeting use cases.
- Enthusiasm, energy, and ability to evangelize