At Brightspot® we believe technology should enable content-focused teams to work smarter, faster, and more seamlessly to move businesses forward. With decades of experience in publishing and media, we help companies transform their business content and digital experiences by creating enterprise applications at scale with astonishing speed.
Do you want to work hard alongside smart and talented product managers, engineers, and designers every day? Do you excel when you are smack in the middle of a challenging project, thrive when things get complex, and yawn when everything is going according to plan? Do you actually want to like your clients and coworkers?
Brightspot’s Managed Services teams operate hundreds of websites and related systems in the public cloud, providing 24x7 monitoring, incident response, problem resolution, and communication to more than 100 customers. Reporting to the Vice President, Managed Services, the Senior Manager will take over the full spectrum of our Cloud preparedness and emergency response functions to deliver and improve that aspect of our Managed Services business. The ideal candidate is an experienced NOC supervisor or manager looking to take the next step in their career.
- Measuring and reporting on Brightspot’s compliance with its SLAs
- Managing our monitoring and alerting solutions like Pingdom, Zabbix, and DataDog, including helping identify automation improvements for them
- Managing NOC, SOC, and related tier-1 vendors, ensuring the quality of their services and expanding their scope
- Scheduling, coordinating, coaching, and enabling various tier-two, tier-three, and incident management “special teams” within Brightspot
- Ensure post-event resolution of problems, communication to stakeholders, and any improvements to tools and processes that emerged
- Act as the primary incident manager for critical incidents
- Comfort with monitoring and alerting systems, 24x7 operations, incident management, Cloud systems, and customer-facing communications are strongly preferred
- You are energetic, driven, curious, self-managing, and organized
- You are unafraid to divide your day between routine and interrupt-driven work, building relationships with colleagues, vendors, and customers while developing a strong understanding of Brightspot’s culture, processes, and technologies
- You know that success means establishing patterns and knowing when to deviate from them
- You’re an extremely strong written and spoken communicator
- Spanish speaker a plus
- AWS, DataDog, and/or SolarWinds experience a plus