At Brightspot® we believe technology should enable content-focused teams to work smarter, faster, and more seamlessly to move businesses forward. With decades of experience in publishing and media, we help companies transform their business content and digital experiences by creating enterprise applications at scale with astonishing speed.
Do you want to work hard alongside talented designers, engineers, and product experts every day? Do you excel when you’re smack in the middle of a challenging project, thrive when things get complex, and yawn when everything is going according to plan? Do you actually want to like your clients and coworkers?
We’re looking for experienced full-stack developers with a passion for their work and a hunger to learn. Join our team and work on our Enterprise Content Management Platform as well as high-profile sites for clients such as Johnson & Johnson, Politico, LA Times, Walmart, Special Olympics, and many more. You will work on multiple projects, from the concept phase through testing and launch. We work in an open, collaborative environment and seek developers who enjoy problem-solving and straying outside the routine.
- Define and drive the overall web architecture, including core application features such as registration, content management, social graph integration, personalization, video and community forums
- Translate designs into functioning digital experiences.
- Critically evaluate new web technologies and help us decide which to adopt.
- Write clean, maintainable code that is scalable, reliable, and observable
- Participate in code reviews and other techniques to improve code quality
- 2-4+ years of professional web development experience, a proven record of developing public-facing websites, and a general passion for web development.
- Experience developing data-driven web applications in Java.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design and software development principles.
- Strong understanding of web-based architecture (web servers, load balancing, caching, databases, replication, etc.).
- Mastery of HTML and CSS, and a great understanding of cross-browser display challenges.
- Understanding of version control techniques (GitHub, Subversion, CVS, etc.).
- Up-to-date knowledge of latest trends in web application development.
- Understanding of the Document Object Model (DOM) and DOM scripting techniques.