With an ever-growing list of multisite properties and a CMS user base that has grown over 150% in the past five years, Univision has a platform able to support large global events and scale to meet the needs of its diverse audience.
Univision by the numbers
Brightspot is the piece of software sitting between every system we have. It is the digital brain of Univision.
The Univision challenge
In 2013, Univision, the largest provider of Spanish-language content in the United States, faced a challenge with its outdated CMS platform from a defunct vendor. This led to malfunctioning ad integrations, an inefficient publishing process, and a heavy reliance on IT.
- Univision’s assets in the U.S. include the Univision and UniMás broadcast networks, nine Spanish-language cable networks, 59 television stations and 57 radio stations in major U.S. Hispanic markets, and the PrendeTV AVOD platform.
- The Univision Network is the most-watched Spanish-language television network in the U.S., reaching 97% of Hispanic households.
The Brightspot solution for Univision
Today, over 70 Univision sites operate out of a single Brightspot instance—covering everything from news to sports to entertainment. Having moved to a series of headless implementations in 2019, the broadcaster enjoys the flexibility of a front-end delivery system that’s independent of both the back-end codebase and the needs of its 500-plus daily CMS users. An ever-growing list of multisite properties within the CMS benefit from shared content, roles, permissions, integrations and more.
- Application development flexibility supports content licensing and localization at the site level.
- Univision’s CMS user base has grown over 150% in the past five years, with Univision’s CMS site admins empowered to manage with zero IT overhead.
- Univision has a platform able to scale and support large global events like the 2022 FIFA World Cup for audiences across the United States and Mexico.
The outcome for Univision
Univision has achieved a modern digital newsroom that enables it to serve its expanding audience with greater efficiency. With improved CMS publishing capabilities, Univision can create content once and distribute it across multiple channels, including highly localized experiences that can be easily scaled nationally. Additionally, Univision's development teams can now fully customize, modify and extend the platform to meet the business' needs without delays or latency.