To keep content teams and collaborators up to date of events that happen inside the Brightspot Content Business Platform, users can manage notifications based on workflow triggers.
Notifications in Brightspot can be set for either general events (like when any content is published) or specific events (like when content is published to a specific site).
When we originally conceived the notifications feature, we tied them to editorial workflows, but today, it's re-engineered to be more intuitive. Notifications are now set up in Sites and Settings, then opted into by either an admin or on an individual user level.
What Sends a Notification?
- Conversations: Every time an editor posts to a Conversation, Brightspot checks if other editors are mentioned in the post. If so, Brightspot sends notifications to those other editors who have a conversation subscription, eliminating messy email chains and the mouse clicks required to sort through them.
- Publishing: Every time an editor publishes an item, Brightspot sends corresponding notifications to those editors who are subscribed to the publish event. Because publishing events occur very frequently, editors can design subscriptions to focus on only those publish events that matter to them. Brightspot makes this easy to do, so no extra work is needed by the development teams.
- Workflows: Every time content transitions from one status to another in a workflow, Brightspot sends corresponding notifications to those editors who are subscribed to the workflow event. As with Publish Events, this happens a lot, and Brightspot allows users to design their subscription to only follow those events that matter to them.
- Shared Subscription: Editors can create shared subscriptions that other editors or administrators can use. If you have a subscription with a complicated content filter, making it a Shared Subscription ensures other users can use it as well, saving them the time it would take to re-configure the notifications in the future.
- Individual Follow: Remove unnecessary distractions from volumes of notifications by selecting the option to create an individual follow for specific pieces of content you care about. Your notifications will be limited to the content you care about and help clear the clutter.
- More: If your teams use AWS Elemental Transcoding, Asset Expiration, Asset Request, or Assignment Desk, we also have notifications for these critical events in your workflow.
Who Should Enable Notifications?
You have two ways to enable notifications: either an administrator performs this task, or individual team members opt into their own. If you have a very large team, administrators can handle this process. If the team is smaller, the administrator might not have the bandwidth, and you may decide it’s best for notifications to be opted into on an individual basis. The Brightspot Content Business Platform is flexible for your organization's preferences.
How Notifications Get Sent
- Slack: Since your teams are likely already using Slack to discuss and create content and share updates, Brightspot’s Slack integration helps teams stay on top of all publishing activity. Our Slack integration sends notifications to users’ accounts via Slackbot. Not only that, but teams can use Brightspot’s Federated Search capability to search for and import any content sent through Slack into Brightspot.
- SMS: Working remotely and not near a computer? Brightspot sends notifications directly via SMS text messages to enable users to take immediate action from their mobile devices. Log into Brightspot for immediate response and keep those publishing workflows moving.
- Email: For those who still prefer email notifications, Brightspot sends notifications emails directly to your inbox.
- Browser: Brightspot sends notifications to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari.
- Operating Systems: Brightspot notifications works with all operating systems customers depend on: Apple OS X, Windows 10, Chromebook, Android and iOS, ensuring everyone remains up to date no matter their device.
- More: Brightspot was built to be extensible. If you want to integrate with a different third-party service for notifications, that can be done easily within Brightspot. If there’s an API, we can integrate with it.
Brightspot doesn't just make it easier for your content teams to create and curate content; we also seek to ensure your teams are communicating and increasing the speed at which they turn around content. Reach out to us to see how else we can support your organization.
- Discover why our out-of-the-box components and content models are relevant to more than 25 use cases and let you transform and adopt rapidly.
- Discuss how you want to publish – headless or de-coupled – all from the same environment.
- Explore how Brightspot integrates, extends and enhances all your relevant important enterprise information and systems.
- Meet some of our world-class Delivery Team that will partner with you to drive better, faster, successful results.
We will be reaching out shortly to schedule some time and get a few more details to customize your demo.