Passed in December 2018, the 21st Century Integrated Digital Experience Act (or 21st Century IDEA) is legislation that mandates the modernization of federal websites and intranets. Section 3 of the 21st Century IDEA establishes requirements for federal agency websites and digital services to enhance the citizen experience and make it more comparable to private sector web experiences. Federal websites must adhere to this latest legislation, with the goal of providing more consistency in website appearance and navigation.
Brightspot for Government
For all new or redesigned federal websites, intranets, applications or digital services, Brightspot for Government provides a powerful solution that is purpose-built to be fully compliant with all relevant federal website laws, regulations and standards.
The purpose-built for government, Brightspot's platform offers the following benefits:
- Accessible: Our platform provides the tools to meet government accessibility standards and practices, allowing you to build and test a website that complies with Section 508 and W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0.
- Consistent, With Built-In Reporting: All CMS tools and templates have default settings that are preconfigured to comply with U.S. Web Design Standards. This ensures compliance with stringent government requirements to maintain consistency in website appearance and navigation. Built-in surveys, dashboards and reports provide immediate feedback and compliant reporting mechanisms.
- Personalized: Our personalization tools allow CMS users to identify new audiences, remember their website activity, anticipate their future needs and present relevant content on their next visit. Personalization has been proven to increase citizen engagement and satisfaction.
- Searchable: Google-inspired unified search includes persistent, faceted search; federated search for multi-site; and saved search, which allows users to sort through web content to quickly find the information they’re looking for.
- Secure: Brightspot supports individual authentication through SAML, active directory, multi-factor, social network and custom authentication. The platform also actively supports HTTPS SSL encryption for security and privacy.
- User-Friendly and Data Driven: Our web analytics uses qualitative and quantitative data to determine user goals and needs, and these data-driven analytics can then be used to improve website operations. CMS dashboards are provided to easily analyze user behaviors, and intuitive tools allow you to immediately update your website without IT involvement.
- Digital Transactions-Capable: We provide a customized digital experience that allows users to complete digital transactions in an efficient and accurate manner. Our open API platform easily integrates with third-party applications.
- Mobile-Ready: Our natively multi-platform solution allows you to immediately publish to mobile, laptop, tablet or desktop from a single interface. Brightspot CMS for Government sites are completely responsive, so you only have to publish the asset once, and it will automatically format correctly on mobile.
- U.S. Web Design Standards-Compliant: All CMS tools and templates have default settings that are preconfigured to comply with U.S. Web Design Standards.
- Consumer-Friendly: Brightspot CMS for Government provides easy visibility into qualitative and quantitative data relating to an individual’s experience and satisfaction, allowing CMS users to quickly identify areas where improvement is needed.
As detailed above, Brightspot is an out-of-the-box CMS solution for modern, compliant government websites. Purpose-built for government, with U.S. Web Design System templates that are compliant with the 21st Century Integrated Digital Experience Act and Section 508, the Brightspot platform empowers federal agencies to rapidly build and launch compliant digital experiences. Created by leveraging our experiences launching websites for some of the world’s largest companies, Brightspot brings commercial best practices to the government sector.