Enable/disable two-factor authentication by role
You can enable or disable two-factor authentication at the role level, which overrides any setting you made at the system level.
To enable or disable two-factor authentication at the role level:
- Click > Admin > Users & Roles
- In the Roles widget, select the role for which you want to enable or disable two-factor authentication.
- Toward the right of the widget, select > Advanced.
From the Two-Factor Authentication Required field, select one of the following:
- Default—Two-factor authentication setting for the role’s users is the same as at the site level.
- Required—Role’s users need two-factor authentication to log in.
- Not Required—Role’s users do not need two-factor authentication to log in.
- Click Save.