Google Analytics ceased support of Universal Analytics (also known as Google Analytics 3) on July 1, 2023. Google Analytics 4 replaces Universal Analytics. Brightspot customers who currently leverage the Google Analytics integration must reconfigure the integration to be supported by Google Analytics 4.
Overview of the configuration process
To configure the Google Analytics 4 integration, you take the following steps:
- Create a Google Account. For details, see Creating a Google Analytics account.
- Create a Google API service account. For details, see Creating a Google API service account.
- Connect the integration to Brightspot. For details, see Adding the Google Analytics 4 integration.
- Configure the integration itself so you can view Google Analytics data in Brightspot at the site or page level. For details, see Configuring a site to retrieve Google Analytics 4 data.
- Retrieve any custom events that should display at the site or page level. For details, see Retrieving Google Analytics 4 custom event data in Brightspot.
- (Optional) Configure analytics data such that you can use it as sorting criteria in Brightspot search. For details, see Adding Google Analytics 4 data to the search panel.
How Brightspot displays Google Analytics data
Brightspot displays Google Analytics data in two ways:
Configuring Google Ad Manager ads
Creating a Google Analytics account