Configuring the Disqus integration
The Disqus integration allows readers to comment on your content. This topic explains how to configure the integration.
To configure the Disqus integration:
- Click > Admin > Sites & Settings > Sites > Global.
- To configure Disqus commenting for a specific website, do the following (otherwise skip to step 3):
- In the Sites widget, select the site for which you want to configure federated search.
- Under Front-End, expand Commenting.
- Under Commenting Services, click .
- Select Disqus Commenting Settings.
- Toggle on Enabled to turn on Disqus commenting.
- Under Exclusion Rules, click to exclude commenting on sponsored content. If enabled, the Disqus forum will not appear on assets for which you have set a sponsor.
- Under Supported Types, click the content types on which you want to support Disqus commenting.
- Under Shortname, enter the shortname associated with your Disqus forum.NoteA shortname is the unique identifier assigned to a Disqus site. All the comments posted to a site are referenced with the shortname. The shortname tells Disqus to load only your site's comments, as well as the settings specified in your Disqus account.
- Toggle on Display Config Overrides to allow editors to override any fields placed on the content types specified in the Supported Types field.
Click Save.NoteOnce these settings are configured, Disqus forums will appear on all content types you selected in Step 8; however, if you elected to create an exclusion rule in Step 7, Disqus forums will not appear on assets that have an a sponsor associated with them.
Configuring Disqus forum overrides at the asset level