Submitting a file to Amazon Transcribe
You can use the AWS Transcribe service to generate transcripts of files you upload to Brightspot. You can submit any file that contains an audio track, such as podcasts, MP3s, and videos.
To submit a file to AWS Transcribe:
- In Brightspot, create a new audio, podcast, video, or other asset that has an audio track.
In the content edit form, from the Provider list, select AWS Transcribe.
Click , and under File do one of the following:
- Select New Upload, and navigate to a file on your laptop.
- Select New URL, and paste the URL of a file.
- If you want to use transcription settings different from the default, do the following:
- Toward the right of the widget, select > Advanced.
Expand Transcribe, and select one of the transcription settings.
- Complete the remaining fields in the content edit form.
- Click Publish.
Brightspot sends the file to Amazon Transcribe for transcription, and receives the transcript a few minutes later. When editors search for assets using keywords, Brightspot includes in the search results those assets whose transcripts include the keywords. For example, if you have a transcription of a podcast about the US Senate, editors searching for the term
senate see the podcast in the search results.