Configuring integrated searches with YouTube
You can perform integrated searches for videos in your YouTube account. You can configure this integrated search at the Global level or the site level. Global configurations are inherited by all sites, and site-level configurations override Global configurations. This topic explains how to configure this integrated search at the Global level. For example if you have multiple YouTube channels and Brightspot sites, you can restrict an individual Brightspot site’s integrated search to a specific Video channel.
To configure integrated searches with YouTube:
- Obtain your YouTube account’s API key. You can obtain the key from the APIs & Services page on your Google account.
- Click > Admin > Sites & Settings > Sites > Global.
Click , located to the left of , and type
- From the YouTube API Client list, click Create New.
- Under Name, enter a name for this client.
- Under API Key field, paste the API key from step 1.
- Under Channel ID, enter a channel ID if you want to restrict federated search to a specific YouTube channel.
- Click Save.