Fields for creating a role
Below are the fields for creating a role:
- Name—Name of role.
- Sites—Specifies the sites to which the role as access.
- Areas—Specifies the selections in the Navigation menu available to the role.
- UI—Specifies the available options for unlocking content.
- Types—Specifies the content types available to the role.
- Developer—Specifies developer-level features available to the role.
- Conversation Permission > Pin Posts—If toggled off, role cannot pin posts on the Conversation widget. If toggled on, role can pin posts in the Conversation widget.
- Translation > Permissions—Specifies the actions the role can apply to translation jobs.
- Site Specific Permissions—Applies site-specific permissions for the role.
Dashboard—Settings for role’s dashboard.
Quick Start Settings—List of content types and assets appearing in this role’s Quick Start widget.
- None—Role sees the system-wide Quick Start widget.
Set—Role sees the specified content types in the Quick Start widget. Role also sees existing assets if any are specified in the Edit Existing Contents field.
- If you specify a content type to which the role has no access, then that content type does not appear in the Quick Start widget.
- If no content types are specified, then all content types to which the role has access appear in the Quick Start widget.
Two-factor authentication required—Setting for two-factor authentication to log in to Brightspot.
- Default—Setting is the default as set by the administrator.
- Required—All users with this role need two-factor authentication to log into Brightspot.
- Not Required—No users with this role need two-factor authentication to log in to Brightspot.
Under Content Templates:
- Global Defaults—List of default templates with which role is associated.
- Global Extras—List of extra templates with which role is associated.
- Site Specific Defaults—Configures default templates for individual sites to which the role has access.
- Site Specific Extras—Configures default templates for individual sites to which the role has access.
- Automatic Subscriptions—Notifications to which users associated with this role are automatically subscribed. For details, see Configuring automatic subscriptions.