Importing tags or sections from a Google Sheet
You can import tags or sections into Brightspot from a Google Sheet.
In order to import Google Drive files into Brightspot, you must first have configured the integration. For details, see Configuring the Google Drive integration.
To import tags or sections from a Google Sheet:
- In the header, click the search field to open the search panel.
- Under Global Filters, in the Any Content Type filter, select Google Drive File.
- Click the title of the Google Sheet you want to import into Brightspot.
- Under the Converter list, select Google Sheet.NoteUsing this menu, you can also import the Google Drive file as a general digital asset. For details, see Importing Google Drive files as DAM assets.
- Under Convert to Type, select either Section or Tag.
- Toggle on Has Header Row if your Google Sheet includes a header row. When toggled on, Brightspot lists the headings for you as you configure field mappings. When toggled off, Brightspot lists the columns as letters.
- Under Field Mappings, click , then do the following:
- Under Column, select the column containing the field you are mapping.
- Under Field, select one of the following:
- Display Name—Sets the values in this column as the names of the tags or sections in Brightspot.
- Description—Sets the values in this column as the descriptions of the tags or sections in Brightspot.
- Parent—Sets the values in this column as the parents of the tags or sections you are importing into Brightspot. If no parent by the given name already exists, Brightspot creates it and assigns the tag or section to which it pertains.
- Repeat steps 7a–7b for all columns in the Google Sheet.
- Click Import.
- When the import completes, refresh the page to view the list of the tags or sections you imported.
The following image displays a Google Sheet that has been configured for import into Brightspot.
In the Import widget, under Field Mappings, three mappings are configured pertaining to the three columns in the sample spreadsheet:
- Mapping 1—Brightspot maps column A as parent.
- In the Column field, column A (referred to in the Google Sheet header as "Parent") is selected.
- In the Field field, Parent is selected.
- Mapping 2—Brightspot maps column B as tag name.
- In the Column field, column B (referred to in the Google Sheet header as "Display Name") is selected.
- In the Field field, Display Name is selected.
- Mapping 3—Brightspot maps column C as description.
- In the Column field, column C (referred to in the Google Sheet header as "Description") is selected.
- In the Field field, Description is selected.
After clicking Import, Brightspot performs the import according to following mappings:
Appleis created as a tag with
Redas its parent and
A red fruitas its description.
Kumquatis created as a tag with
Orangeas its parent and
An orange fruitas its description.
Lemonis created as a tag with
Yellowas its parent and
A yellow fruitas its description.