Sections are a way for content teams to add additional metadata to an asset, and they can be used in two ways:
- Assets can be assigned to sections.
- A section can be its own page that lists associated assets.
Sections are often used in navigation menus to direct visitors to content that interest them most.
To create a section:
- In the header, click .
- From the Create list, select Section.
- Using the following table as a reference, complete the fields as needed.
- Complete your site's workflow and publish the section.
- As necessary, add associated content to this asset. For details, see Creating associated content.
|Display Name||Enter a display name. This name is visible to the visitors to your site.|
|Internal Name||Enter an internal name for this asset. Brightspot uses this name internally, such as in the search panel and recent activity widget. This name is not visible to visitors to your site.|
|Description||Enter a description. This description is visible to the visitors to your site.|
|Parent||Select this section's parent section in the section hierarchy.|
Select the navigation for this section, or create a new one. This selection is visible to visitors to your site.
For details, see Creating a navigation.
Select or configure a lead, typically a page heading. This selection is visible to your visitors.
For more information, see Page heading.
Enter the asset's contents by selecting and configuring a module. The module is visible to the visitors to your site.
For more information, see Modules.
The following illustration shows how Brightspot renders a section.