Above, Aside, and Below layout blocks
You can add modules to the layout of a page by selecting options from the Above, Aside, or Below lists found within each level's layout settings. This topic explains each layout block, and the settings available to you when adding modules to them.
Above layout block
Aside layout block
Below layout block
The following settings configure the contents of a layout block:
- Inherit—Takes modules from previous level in the content hierarchy. For example, setting a site-level layout block to Inherit will cause the layout block to inherit the modules placed in the global-level equivalent. Setting an asset-level layout block to Inherit will cause the layout block to inherit the modules placed into the site-level equivalent. At the global level, the inherited setting is None.
- Add After—Adds a module after any other inherited modules in the layout block.
- Add Before—Adds a module before any other inherited modules in the layout block. NoteIf no other modules exist in the layout block, then the Add After and Add Before options work the same way as Replace; the Add After and Add Before options only have functionality if another module is already inherited to which new modules may relate in their positioning.
- None—No module appears in the layout block.
- Replace—Replaces any inherited modules in the layout block with a module of your choosing.
For details on how to add modules to a layout, see Adding modules to a layout.