Configuring a shared subscription
You can create a shared subscription to topics that other editors can use. This is a useful feature when a subscription has complex filtering criteria. For example, a group of editors are responsible for monitoring publications of articles and images tagged
Astronomy to the site Inspire Confidence. One editor can make a subscription for those messages, and all the other editors subscribe to it.
To create a shared subscription:
- In the header, click your username > Profile > Main > Notifications > Subscriptions.
- Click . A Subscription form appears.
- From the Topic list, select Shared. A form appears.
- In the Subscription field, click . The content picker appears.
- Under Create, select the topic for the subscription, and then click New. A content edit form appears.
- In the Name field, type a name for the subscription. As a best practice, use a name that provides a cue about the subscription’s content filters.
Using the following resources, complete the subscription for the selected topic:
- Click Save. Creation of a shared subscription is complete, and other editors can now use it.
- Click Back at the top of the content edit form to return to the content picker.
- Click the shared subscription you created, and close the content picker. You return to your profile.
- Click Save.