Linking an asset and its updates to another site
You can link some assets and any future updates from one site to another. Doing so shares the asset to another site, linking the two so that any updates made in the original asset are reflected in the copy.
To use this feature, content sharing between sites must first be enabled. For details, see Enabling content sharing between sites.
This is a one-way relationship; only updates made to the original asset are shared to the copy. Any updates made to the copy are one-off and will not overwrite fields on the original asset.
To link an asset and its updates to another site:
- Ensure you are on the site to which you intend to link the original asset and its updates. For details, see Switching sites.
- Click the search bar to open the search panel.
- Under Misc Filters, select the site containing the original asset that you want to link to your current site.
- Search for and open the original asset that you want to link to your current site.
- From the content edit page, click to open the content edit actions menu, then click Copy with Updates.
- Complete your site's workflow and publish the asset.
When opening the original asset, Brightspot includes a note that any updates made to it are shared to the copy.
Brightspot also includes a message on the copy.
Submitting content via email