Customizing Brightspot's appearance
You can customize Brightspot's color scheme and layout. All editors can customize Brightspot's appearance for themselves; administrators can customize the appearance for a specific site or for the global site.
- Customizations at the global level apply to all editors.
- Customizations at the site level override those at the global level. When an editor works on a particular site, Brightspot's appearance is that configured for the site.
- Customizations at the editor level override those at the site and global levels.
- To customize Brightspot's appearance at the global or site level:
Click > Admin > Sites & Settings.
- In the Sites widget, select the site for which you are configuring the theme, or select Global to configure the theme for all sites.
- Skip to step 3.
- Click > Admin > Sites & Settings.
- To customize Brightspot's appearance at the editor level:
- In the header, click your username > Profile.
- Expand CMS > UI. The UI cluster contains fields for configuring Brightspot's appearance.
- Using the table below as a reference, configure the appearance.
- Click Save.
|Preset Theme||Select one of the themes to use for Brightspot. If you select Custom, you can configure the following colors for individual UI elements:
For information about using the color picker, see Configuring a theme's swatch.
|Appearance||List of appearances, including:
|Enable Boxed Input||
|Enable Compact||Displays the content edit form with smaller labels and fields, so more of it appears in your screen without scrolling.|
|Enable Compact Rails||Displays widgets in the right and left rails with smaller labels and fields, so more of them appear in your screen without scrolling.|
|Enable High Contrast||Displays Brightspot in a high-contrast mode, improving accessibility and ideal when working outside or with strong ambient light.|
|Header Background||Background color of header.|