Managing expiring assets
Some asset requests that you approve may have an expiration date after which the subscriber should no longer use the asset. You can manage the asset’s use as the expiration date approaches. For example, if you plan to publish a new logo on June 1, you may need to take one of the following actions just before June 1:
- Extend the expiration date. For details, see Restricting asset availability.
- Notify subscribers about the upcoming expiration, because they may need to update their associated content. For details, see Reviewing download activity.
- Check if your own content uses the expiring asset. Click the asset in the Expiring Assets widget, and see where the asset is used in the References widget.
To manage expiring assets:
- In the dashboard’s Expiring Assets widget, filter by content type, expiration status, and time period.
- For each asset, take an appropriate action.
For information about adding the Expiring Assets widget to your dashboard, see Adding DAM widgets to the dashboard.