Configuring automatic subscriptions
Administrators can configure automatic subscriptions that editors automatically receive.
To configure automatic subscriptions:
Access automatic subscriptions by doing one of the following:
Configure role-level subscriptions
- Click > Admin > Users & Roles.
- Select the role for which you want to configure a subscription.
- Toward the right of the widget, select > Notifications. A widget appears.
- Under Automatic Subscriptions, click . A form appears.
Configure system-level subscriptions
- Click > Admin > Sites & Settings > Sites > Global.
- Under CMS, expand Notifications.
- Under Automatic User Subscriptions, click . A form appears.
- From the Topic list, select the automatic subscription's topic. (For a description of the various topics, see Subscriptions.) A form appears.
- (Optional, for workflow and publication subscriptions) Under Content Filters, design a content filter that sends notifications. As a best practice, design a content filter that triggers as few notifications as possible for the users receiving the notifications.
(For shared subscriptions) In the Subscription selection field, do one of the following:
- Select one of the available shared subscriptions.
- Create a new shared subscription.
For information about shared subscriptions, see Configure a shared subscription.
(For global subscriptions) Under Tool Entities do the following:
- Click . A selection field appears.
- Select an editor or role to receive this automatic subscription. If you select a role, all editors in that role receive the automatic notifications.
- Repeat steps a–b to add additional editors and roles.
- Click Save.