Modifying a standard content type
You can modify Brightspot's standard content types by adding fields. For example, if your site publishes only recipes, you can add a field
Preparation Time to the
Article content type.
To modify a standard content type:
- Click > Admin > Content Types.
- Under Content Type Modifications, click New.
- In the Name field, enter a name for this modification.
- From the Types list, select the content types to which you want to add fields.
- Under Additional Items, click , and select one of the field types.
- Complete the form for the selected field type.
- Repeat steps 5–6 to add additional fields.
- Rearrange the fields by dragging them into the order you want them to appear in the content edit form.
- Click Save.
Referring to the previous illustrations, editors starting a new article or blog post content types see a
Preparation Time field in the content edit form.
Editing an editorial content type
Site-specific editorial content types