Creating and managing content
Brightspot offers a myriad of ways to present your information in exciting ways to your viewers. Once you have created assets in Brightspot, you can then manage those assets, giving you the flexibility to update existing content as well as remove obsolete content from your assets.
You can create content by clicking found next to the Search field, from the Quick Start widget, as well as from the search results page.
To create content using the Add icon , Quick Start widget, or the search results page:
- Choose one of the following methods for beginning the content creation process:
- Click next to the Search field.
- Click the Article icon in the Quick Start widget (if available).
- From the search results page, scroll to the bottom and select Article in the Create field and click New.
From the Create list, select Article. The New Article content edit page appears.
Enter text for Headline.
As you look at the New Article content edit page, you will notice the only Required field is the Headline field. As you create content of any type, you must provide a value for any field that is labeled Required. If you do not provide a value in a Required field, you cannot save or publish the asset.
- Continue to complete the fields as needed for this particular article.
- Complete your site's workflow and publish the asset.TipAs you create various types of content, you may be presented with the option to make the content "Shared" or "One-off." Shared pieces of content can be "shared" across multiple assets and are visible in the Brightspot search results for that content type. One-off content types are specifically for the asset being worked on and cannot be shared. For details, see Shared vs. one-off assets.