Creating a revision
You can create a revision of an asset you already published.
To create a revision:
- Search for an open the asset for which you want to create a new revision.
In the Revisions widget, click Start New Revision. The New Revision widget appears.
Type a name for the revision and click Create. Brightspot does the following:
- Adds the new revision to the Revisions widget.
- Lists the new revision in the Recent Revisions banner when editing previously live revisions.
- In the content edit form, modify the revision. As you save the revision, you can compare it with the currently live version by clicking Compare to Live.
- Complete your site's workflow and publish the asset.
The following example shows that a revision is in progress.
The following example shows the list of recent revisions that are not yet published.
Recent revisions appear in the banner if they were updated within the last 24 hours. You can configure the window for recent revisions; for details, see Global site settings.