Editing an editorial content type
This topic explains how to edit an editorial content type in Brightspot.
To edit an editorial content type:
- Click > Admin > Content Types.
- In the Content Types widget, click the editorial content type you want to modify.
- In the Name field, enter a new name for this content type.
- From the Sites list, select the site to which this content type applies, or leave blank to apply it to all sites.
- Change the icon. For details, see Creating an editorial content type.
- To add a field, under Items, click , and select one of the field types.
- To remove a field, click .CautionAttempting to edit an editorial content type that is used by published content generates a warning message at the top of the page.
Continuing to remove a field from an existing editorial content type may result in lost content. For example, an editorial content type
Book Reviewshas a field
Author. If you remove that field, all existing assets based on
Book Reviewswill no longer include the field
Author; editors do not see that field in Brightspot, and visitors no longer see that field in the live site.
- Rearrange the fields by dragging them into the order you want them to appear in the content edit form.
- Click Save.
Adding a query field
Managing editorial content types