Subscribing to the workflow topic
You can create a subscription that sends you messages when an asset transitions from one status to another in a workflow. Because workflow transitions happen very frequently, you can configure the subscription to receive messages for only those transitions that matter to you.
To configure a subscription for the workflow topic:
- In the header, click your username > Profile > Main.
- Under Main > Notifications > Subscriptions, click .
- From the Delivery Methods list, select one or more of the available delivery methods. (For an explanation about configuring delivery methods, see Delivery methods.)
- From the Topic list, select Workflow.
From the Content Filters list, select one of the following (otherwise you receive messages for all workflow events):
- Match All—Configures a combination of criteria for which all must be true to receive a message.
- Watching—Configures a subscription to receive messages when watching the asset. For information about setting up watches, see Adding watchers to an item.
Workflow, Sites, Types, & Transitions—Configures a subscription to receive a message when an asset in a specific workflow, for a specific site, for a specific content type makes a specific transition.
Referring to the previous illustration, an editor receives a message when an article in the Standard Workflow for the site Inspire Confidence transitions from the Edit status to the Proofread status.
- Repeat steps 2–5 to add additional workflow subscriptions.
- Click Save.