Creating a draft
The first state of an asset is Draft. You can create multiple drafts for an asset before publication, compare the changes between two drafts, republish an asset based on a previous draft, and merge a later draft into an earlier one.
To create an initial draft:
- In the Quick Start widget, click the content type for which you want to create a draft. The content edit form appears.
- In the content edit form, start authoring the asset.
- In the editorial toolbar, click save.
After you save an initial draft, the content edit page starts tracking information about the asset’s drafts.
Referring to the previous illustration—
- The Revisions widget appears in the content edit page listing the initial and subsequent drafts.
- The color of the border under the editorial toolbar indicates the asset’s state.
- The initial draft remains in the content edit form.