Each role has an associated list of permissions to access features within Brightspot. For example, administrators typically have access to all sites, tabs, widgets, and the entire Navigation menu. Editors typically have access only to those sites, tabs, widgets, and items on the Navigation menu associated with the content they provide. (For more information about permissions, see Permissions.)
To create a role:
- Click > Admin > Users & Roles. The Roles widgets appears on the left side of the page.
- In the Roles widget, click New Tool Role. The New Tool Role widget appears.
- Using Fields for creating a role as a reference, enter settings for the role.
- Click Save.
To edit a role:
- Click > Admin > Users & Roles. The Roles widget appears on the left side of the page.
- In the Roles widget, click the role you want to edit.
- Using Fields for creating a role as a reference, update the role’s settings as required.
- Click Save.
Below are fields for creating a role:
- Name—Name of role.
- Sites—Specifies the sites to which the role as access.
- Areas—Specifies the selections in the Navigation menu available to the role.
- UI—Specifies the available options for unlocking content.
- Types—Specifies the content types available to the role.
- Developer—Specifies developer-level features available to the role.
- Conversation Permission > Pin Posts—If toggled off, role cannot pin posts on the Conversation widget. If toggled on, role can pin posts in the Conversation widget.
- Translation > Permissions—Specifies the actions the role can apply to translation jobs.
- Site Specific Permissions—Applies site-specific permissions for the role.
- Dashboard—Settings for role’s dashboard.
Quick Start Settings—List of content types and assets appearing in this role’s Quick Start widget.
- None—Role sees the system-wide Quick Start widget.
- Set—Role sees the specified content types in the Quick Start widget. Role also sees existing assets if any are specified in the Edit Existing Contents field.
- If you specify a content type to which the role has no access, then that content type does not appear in the Quick Start widget.
- If no content types are specified, then all content types to which the role has access appear in the Quick Start widget.
Two-factor authentication required—Setting for two-factor authentication to log in to Brightspot.
- Default—Setting is the default as set by the administrator.
- Required—All users with this role need two-factor authentication to log into Brightspot.
- Not Required—No users with this role need two-factor authentication to log in to Brightspot.
- Global Defaults—List of default templates with which role is associated.
- Global Extras—List of extra templates with which role is associated.
- Site Specific Defaults—Configures default templates for individual sites to which the role has access.
- Site Specific Extras—Configures default templates for individual sites to which the role has access.
- Automatic Subscriptions—Notifications to which users associated with this role are automatically subscribed.
The default role is the role assigned to new users by default.
To set a default role:
- Click > Admin > Sites & Settings.
- In the Sites widget, select Global. The Edit Global widget appears.
- Under Main, from the Default Role list, select the default role.
- Click Save.
Brightspot saves the default role, and uses it as the default when you create new users.
Administrators can configure role-level notifications; any user assigned to the role automatically receives notifications using the subscriptions associated with the role.
To create a role-level notification:
- Ensure your version of Brightspot is configured to send notifications. For details, see Prerequisites.
- Click > Admin > Users & Roles.
- In the Roles widget, click the role for which you want to create a notification.
- Toward the right of the widget, select > Notifications.
- Under Delivery Options and Subscriptions, configure the delivery options and associated subscriptions.
- Click Save.
Proofreadersthat sends messages over email, ensure all proofreaders associated with the role can receive emails from Brightspot. Proofreaders who do not have properly configured email accounts may never receive the notifications.