Brightspot administrators can automatically subscribe editors to various topics. For example, an administrator can configure a subscription that sends all editors a notification when they are mentioned in a conversation. This avoids the necessity of all editors subscribing individually to the conversation topic.
Editors can configure the delivery options for their automatic subscriptions, and they can opt out of automatic subscriptions.
Administrators can configure subscriptions for messages that editors and roles automatically receive. This feature is useful when you want to send certain messages to certain editors. For example, if a group of editors works on a monthly report, you can automatically send messages to that group when its reports are published.
To configure an automatic subscription:
- Click > Admin > Sites & Settings> Sites > Global.
- Click and in the search field type
Automatic User Subscriptions. A form appears.
- From the Topic list, select one of the available topics.
Using the following resources, complete the subscription for the selected topic:
- If you want to subscribe certain roles or editors, do the following (otherwise all editors are subscribed):
- Click Tool Entities > . A selection field appears.
- Select the required editors and roles.
- Click Save.
If you are a member of an automatic subscription, you can override its delivery method, and you can opt out of it entirely.
To override or opt out of an automatic subscription:
- In the header, click your user name > Profile > Main > Notifications > Automatic Subscriptions.
- Under Subscriptions, expand the required subscription.
- To cancel the subscription, from the Automatic Delivery Option list, select Disabled.
- To override the delivery option, do the following:
- From the Automatic Delivery Option list, select Override.
- From the Delivery Methods list, select your preferred delivery method.
- Click Save.