Creating an auxiliary dictionary
Brightspot comes with spell-check dictionaries for English and Spanish. (Your Brightspot developer can add additional languages.) These dictionaries contain standard words, and Brightspot checks your text against those dictionaries. Words not in those dictionaries are marked as misspelled.
If you use non-standard terminology, such as technical terms or product names, Brightspot marks those terms as misspelled. If you add such terms to an auxiliary dictionary, Brightspot recognizes them as spelled correctly.
Auxiliary dictionaries are specific to your profile’s locale. If you are creating content in US English, you add terms to that locale’s auxiliary dictionary; if you are creating content in Mexican Spanish, you add terms that locale’s auxiliary directory.
To create an auxiliary dictionary:
- Click > Admin > Sites & Settings > Sites > Global.
- Under CMS, expand Hunspell.
Under Dictionaries, click , and select Create New. A New Hunspell Dictionary content edit page appears.
- In the Name field, type a name for the dictionary.
- From the Locale list, select the language for which the dictionary is applicable.
- In the Additional Words list, type a word. Click to add additional words.
- Click Save.
- Click Back. You return to the content picker.
- In the content picker, select the name of the dictionary you created.
Close the content picker. You return to the Edit Global widget.
- Click Save.
As you type text in various Brightspot fields, words appearing in the dictionaries are not marked as misspelled.