Creating your own one-off dashboard
Brightspot gives you the ability to create a custom dashboard that only you can use and see. This is particularly useful if you have a specific set of widgets or metrics you need to see quickly, on a regular basis.
To create a one-off dashboard for yourself:
- In the header, click your username > Profile.
- On the Profile page, click CMS > Dashboard.
- Expand the Dashboard field and select One Off.
- Select Main.
In the Name field, enter a name for the dashboard. Brightspot uses this name for the dashboard’s leftmost tab.
As you create your one-off dashboard, you will want to configure it with the information you want to see. This is done by adding columns and widgets to the dashboard.
- Click Add Dashboard Column.
From the Widgets list, click and select the widget you want to add to the column. Repeat to add widgets. Below you can see a one-off dashboard with one column and three widgets and how it is rendered in Brightspot.
(For an explanation of the available widgets, see Standard dashboard and widgets.)
- To add additional columns and widgets to your dashboard, repeat steps 6 and 7.
- If you have multiple columns, you can resize the columns by dragging the slider to the desired size of each column. You can also click the to make each column the same width.
Reorder widgets in a column by dragging and dropping. You can also drag and drop widgets between different columns.
- Click Save.
In addition to columns, you can add multiple tabs to a dashboard. This allows you to categorize the widgets you frequently use.
To add tabs to the dashboard:
- Select Tabs.
- Click Add Dashboard Tab.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the tab.
Add columns and widgets to the new tab by completing steps 6 and 7 above.
- Click Save.