Previewing content with the preview pane
Brightspot’s preview pane displays how your content appears on a specific date. You can use the preview pane to view an item in different media and in different contexts, as well as to share an item’s preview.
To open or close the preview pane:
- In the Editorial toolbar, click .
The following features are available in the preview pane, although your version of Brightspot may have different features.
Share ()—Displays the current preview in a new browser tab. You can share the preview’s URL.
To set the date when the preview URL expires:
- Click the Set expiration calendar in the upper-right corner of the full-screen preview.
- Select a date from the date picker that appears.
Click Set. The expiration date is now set and is displayed.
To see a list of the preview links you have shared, click your username in the upper right corner to expand a list of available actions.
Click Shared Preview Links to open the Shared Preview Links window. This window lists all of the shared preview links you have generated.
Do one of the following:
- Click the link to open the preview.
- Click to delete that link from the list.
- Click Delete All to delete all of the preview links.
- Date picker ()—Displays the item selected in the Context picker as it will appear on the selected date. For example, if you scheduled different versions of the item for publication at different dates, and you select May 31, 2019 in the Date picker, the preview pane displays the item as it will appear on May 31, 2019.
- Media picker—Displays the preview as it appears in various media, such as a desktop browser, a tablet in landscape orientation, or a tablet in portrait orientation.
- Context picker—Displays the preview as it appears in the context of a referencing item. For example, if a headshot is referenced by an author’s bio, selecting the bio in the Context picker shows how the headshot appears in the context of the bio.