Adding a text field
Text fields contain plain text with no formatting.
To add a text field:
- Search for and open the editorial content type that you want to edit, or create a new editorial content type. For details, see Creating an editorial content type.
- From the Items list, select Text Field.
- Under Main, in the Name field, enter a name for this field.
(Optional) Under Advanced, do the following:
- In the Note field, enter a short explanatory note that appears in the content edit form.
- In the Character Count Minimum and Character Count Maximum fields, enter the minimal and maximal number of characters allowed in this field. Brightspot displays an error message in the content edit form if an editor enters text with length outside of this range.
- In the Suggested Minimum and Suggested Maximum fields, enter the recommended minimal and maximal number of characters for this field. Brightspot accepts the text even if it is shorter or longer than these values.
- Toggle on Unique if the text entered must be different from text entered in this field in other items. For example, an editor entered
Crystal Gobletin this field; editors cannot enter
Crystal Gobletin this field when creating other items of this content type.
- Toggle on Search Filter to allow type-ahead searching. As an editor types characters in the field, Brightspot shows matching entries previously entered in this field.
- Toggle on Required if this is a required field.
Adding a select field
Adding a query field