Configuring error responses
This how-to guide explains how to configure error responses.
This topic explains how to configure error responses; however, you must first create the pages that correspond to these error responses before being able to apply the error responses. See Error pages for more information.
To configure error responses:
- Click > Admin > Sites & Settings.
- In the Sites widget, select the site for which you want to configure error messages, or select Global to configure error messages for all sites.
- Click , and type Error.
Under Error Handlers, click . A form appears.
- In the Status Codes field, enter the HTTP status codes to which this handler applies.
- From the Status Categories list, select one of the categories.
- In the Exception Classes field, enter the simple names of Java classes to which this handler applies.
- In the Content selection field, click . A content picker appears.
- Select the page to appear for the selected status codes and exception classes.
- Click Save.
Configuring the Access settings