Configuring a subscription
A subscription sends notifications using a specified delivery option when a specified event occurs. For examples of the different types of subscriptions and events you can configure, see Subscriptions.
The following procedure describes how to configure a subscription for a publication event. Configuring subscriptions for other events is similar.
To configure a subscription for a publication event:
- In the header, click your username > Profile. The Profile widget appears.
- Under Main, expand Notifications.
- Under Subscriptions, click . A form appears.
- From the Delivery Options list, select one or more of the available delivery options. (For an explanation about configuring delivery options, see Delivery methods.)
- From the Topic list, select Publish.
From the Content Filters list, select one of the following:
- Match All—Configures a combination of content types, sites, and watching for which all must be true to receive a notification.
- Only First—Configures a subscription to receive a notification the first time any asset is published (instead of receiving a notification after every publish).
Query Match—Configures a subscription to receive notifications based on fields associated with a selected content type. For example, if an editor filters by article, the notifications filter can be further refined by other fields associated with articles, such as author, section, and tag.
Referring to the previous illustration, an editor receives a notification when an article is published by either Charles Dickens or Jane Austen in the section 19th Century Fiction.
Sites & Types—Configures a subscription to receive a notification when an asset is published for a combination of content types and sites.
Referring to the previous illustration, an editor receives a notification when an article or gallery is published to the site Inspire Confidence.
- Watching—Configures a subscription to receive notifications when watching the published item.
- Repeat steps 2–5 to add additional publish subscriptions.
- Click Save.